TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Usage: Superseded Dec 22.
This Qualification has recently been superseded with the new TAE40122 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and is equivalent. We recommend enrolling in the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment while available as this program is still funded by DTWD (for eligible WA students). All eligible students can access funding, lose no time and can be transitioned into the new Qualification.
Here at The Pivot Institute, we are leaders in the field with our new hybrid delivery model. This model gives the participants choice of attending our facilitated classroom sessions either virtually via Zoom or face to face at Level 1, 46 Edward Street, Osborne Park
Participants will be set up on our leading online learning platform; the Pivot Online Learning System (POLS). This platform provides students with the content, resources and assessment documentation necessary to complete the course. Participants will attend classrooms with industry leading facilitators. Participants can start the course anytime and will be required to book in and attend sessions via Zoom or face to face. Printed workbooks, assessment documentation and all resources are provided and posted to students.
You can start the course any time. You will be provided with a hard copy pack including your Learner’s Guide, assessment materials and all relevant supporting material. In addition access will be provided to the Pivot Online Learning System (POLS). This platform holds all the learning material, assessment requirements, resources, needed to complete the qualification.
if you are currently training and assessing and you already hold the underpinning knowledge and skills required to demonstrate competency, then RPL may be an option. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is an assessment process that assesses your non-formal and formal learning to determine how your current skills and knowledge match the competency outcomes for partial or full qualification. RPL must be based on evidence which can be matched against relevant units. This evidence will depend on the unit and some evidence will go across a number of units. Your assessor must be satisfied that you have addressed all the requirements of the relevant unit before they can grant you RPL in that unit. RPL assessment at The Pivot Institute allows you to evidence your skills and knowledge through the completion of an RPL kit.
Non- funded price (Facilitated Virtual Delivery) :$3,500*
Non- funded price (Supported Distance Delivery) : $2,920 ($2800 plus resource fee of $120)*
Apply today for TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment full qualification, skill set, or any individual units from the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. Please fill in all relevant sections and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be able to type into the form. If you have any queries, please call (08) 9221 1803. When you have finished the application, please email email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you onboard for a valuable learning journey.
Get ahead of the flock to become a qualified trainer!
The TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is the industry standard qualification for those who deliver and assess training. This qualification will provide participants with the skills, knowledge and passion to deliver interesting and informative training sessions to groups and individuals, navigate the Australian training system and undertake competency-based assessments against any benchmark or standard.
The Certificate IV in Training and Assessment reflects the role of individuals who are engaged in delivering training and assessment services in the Vocational Education and Training (VET) or other sectors. This qualification (or the skills sets derived from units of competency within it) is also suitable for those engaged in the delivery of training and assessment of competence in a workplace context, as a component of a structured VET program. Students may have existing qualifications and technical skills in any given vocation or profession, yet require skills or recognition in training and assessment .
It is beneficial for participants to have access to a workplace or realistic simulated environment to complete the assessment. Strong literacy and numeracy skills are required. Participants must also have access to a computer with a reliable and stable internet connection for online/virtual classroom delivery.
Eligibility for subsidised training and concession
- Persons must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or holders of approved Visa subclasses 309,444,785,790,820;
- Secondary holders of a temporary visa of sub class 457; and
- Holders of a Bridging Visa E (Subclass 050 and 051) where the visa holder has made a valid application for a visa of subclass 785 or 790.
- Persons primary place of residence is in Western Australia
- Persons under 18 years of age in the year of enrolment must be under a DoE Notice of
Arrangement (NoA)2 (Full Time) or exempted from the School Education Act 1999.
This does not include Students undertaking a school based program such as an
Apprenticeship, Traineeship, Pre-apprenticeship, or Aboriginal School Based Training
- Persons must have a valid Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Persons aged 15—24 years at the time of enrolment (excluding students enrolled at school)
- Persons and dependents of persons in receipt of services from one of the following Commonwealth support or employment services programs:
- Online Employment Services
(a letter from the Commonwealth services provider confirming the student’s participation in the program is required)
- Persons and dependents of persons receiving the Youth Allowance, AUSTUDY or ABSTUDY
- Persons and dependents of persons holding:
- a pensioner concession card or Health Care Card; or
- a Repatriation Health Benefits Card issued by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Dependents of persons who are inmates of a custodial institution
Click here to view the documents you need to submit as proof of concession eligibility.
*Students who obtain in a funded place can only be enrolled in one funded course at a time
The average time it takes to complete varies significantly depending on the skills and knowledge you already hold relevant to training and assessment. If, for example, you are attending the facilitated classes and you have completed the relevant activities, you will still need to allow the following suggested time to complete the qualification.
4 hours a week – 18 months
6 hours a week – 12 months
Experience in the VET sector in training and assessment can greatly lower the amount of time required to successfully complete the qualification.
Modes of Delivery
Supported Distance Learning – You can start the course any time. You will be supported by a trainer/assessor and provided with a hard copy pack including your Learner’s Guide, assessments, and all relevant resources. In addition, access will be provided 24/7 to the Pivot Online Learning System (POLS) that includes all the learning material, assessment and resources needed to complete the course.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) – Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is an assessment process that assesses your non-formal and formal learning to determine how your current skills and knowledge match the competency outcomes for partial or full qualification. RPL assessment at The Pivot Institute allows you to evidence your skills and knowledge through the completion of an RPL kit.
Broad Learning Outcomes
– Describe the Australian Training System and identify the major players in the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector.
– Learn the language of VET, defining key terms.
– Unpack training packages and accredited courses to identify suitable training opportunities that meet client needs.
– Design and develop learning programs that provide a clear pathway to knowledge and skill development.
– Use the Australian Core Skills Framework to identify the core LLN skills that an individual holds as well as those required for training specifications and the workplace.
– Design and develop individual and group session plans which incorporate adult learning theory.
– Incorporate LLN support into individual and group session plans.
– Prepare for the delivery of quality sessions.
– Deliver interesting, interactive, and targeted training to suit the target group and the training specifications.
– Design and develop assessment tools which meet the rules of evidence and principles of assessment.
– Plan for assessment.
– Assess competency against the relevant units of competency.
– Participate in assessment validation resulting in continuous improvement of assessment practices.
|The Learning Design Cluster provides the skills and knowledge required to identify the content of a learning program, how to design a program for a target audience and how to review it.
This cluster also covers the skills and knowledge of how to use training packages to support industry, organisational and individual competency development needs.
|The Train the Trainer Cluster provides the skills and knowledge to effectively deliver training to groups and individuals in the workplace.
This includes the development of training materials and resources and ensures competence in planning, organising and delivering informative and practical training sessions.
|The Workplace Assessor Cluster focuses on developing assessment plans, organising the assessment process, and conducting the assessment.
This includes the development of robust assessment tools and the participation in assessment validation sessions.
Cluster 1: Learning Design Dates:
- 20th February – 24st February 2023
- 29th May – 2nd June 2023
- 31st July – 4th August 2023
- 6th November – 10th November 2023
- 4th December – 8th December 2023
Cluster 2: Train the Trainer Dates:
- 13th March – 17 March 2023
- 1st May – 5th May 2023
- 19th June – 23rd June 2023
- 28th August – 1st September 2023
- 2nd October – 6th October 2023
- 20th November – 24th November 2023
Cluster 3: Workplace Assessor Dates:
- 6th February – 10th February 2023
- 20th March – 24th March 2023
- 15th May – 19th May 2023
- 17th July – 21st July 2023
- 4th September – 8th September 2023
- 17th October – 20th October 2023
For each cluster of units, you will be provided with a Candidate Assignment Booklet. In each booklet there are series of tasks relevant to each cluster. We work to ensure that the tasks are clear and you have the right support and resources to undertake your assessment. This qualification requires that a number of activities are undertaken to prove competency so please consider these requirements prior to committing to the program. You will need to complete all tasks in order to be assessed for competency. Your assessments will comprise of a number of tasks which will include some of the following:
– Development of a learning program
– Delivery of training sessions
– Planning for the assessment process
– Development of assessment instruments
– Completion of written questioning and
– Practical tasks
During the assessment process your assessor will:
– Answer any questions or concerns you may have about the assessment process or tasks
– Assess your competency as required by the unit of competency, by making judgments about the evidence presented in line with the rules of evidence: validity, authenticity, currency and sufficiency
– Give you feedback on the outcomes of the assessment process
– Provide your results, either competent or not yet competent
– Advise you on the outcomes of the assessment including the appeals process you can follow if you disagree with the assessment decision.
– call your trainer at 1300 354 309
– email your trainer or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
– join facebook page and ask questions to your trainer or peers https://www.facebook.com/groups/pivottae40116
Click here to download the enrolment form.
Get a USI (Unique Student Identifier)
A USI is your lifelong education number – you only need to create it once. If you have undertaken any VET training since 2015, you may already have a USI. You can find it here.
If you don’t have USI, you can Apply for USI
Share your valuable skills and knowledge and train others!
Click here for information on other funded courses offered by The Pivot Institute!
Contact us today for enrolment!