Upgrade TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment to TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
Here at The Pivot Institute, we are leaders in the field with our own Pivot Online Learning System (POLS). Virtual face-to-face participants will be set up on our leading online learning platform; the Pivot Online Learning System (POLS). This platform provides students with the content, resources and assessment documentation necessary to complete the course. Participants will attend virtual classrooms with industry leading facilitators. Participants can start the units anytime and will be required to book in and attend sessions via Zoom. Printed workbooks, assessment documentation and all resources are provided and posted to students.
You can start the upgrade any time. You will be provided with a hard copy pack including your learner’s guide, assessment materials, and all relevant supporting material. You will also be provided with log-in access to the Pivot Online Learning System (POLS). This platform holds all the learning material, assessment requirements, resources, needed to complete the units.
If you are currently training and assessing and you already hold the underpinning knowledge and skills required to demonstrate competency, then RPL may be an option. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is an assessment process that assesses your non-formal and formal learning to determine how your current skills and knowledge match the competency outcomes for partial or full qualification. RPL must be based on evidence that can be matched against relevant units. Your assessor must be satisfied that you have addressed all the requirements of the relevant unit before they can grant you RPL in that unit.
To upgrade to the TAE40116 from the TAE40110 via RPL you must be able to evidence recent development of a number of assessment tools as well as expertise in identifying LLN requirements for an individual and the workplace as well as implementing strategies to support LLN development.
Non Funded Upgrade Price: $375.00 per unit
Get ahead of the flock to become a qualified trainer!
The TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is the industry-standard qualification for those who deliver and assess training. This qualification will provide participants with the skills, knowledge, and passion to deliver interesting and informative training sessions to groups and individuals, navigate the Australian training system and undertake competency-based assessments against any benchmark or standard.
The qualification has been upgraded from the TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment to the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. This Training Package was updated in April 2016. There has been a change in the core units to now include TAEASS502 Design and Develop Assessment Tools and the unit TAELLN411 Address Adult Language, Literacy, and Numeracy Skills. The Standards for Registered Training Organisations (RTO’s) 2015 were updated to include new credential requirements for Trainers and Assessors which include the requirement to hold two new core units.
Payment Plan options available
Eligibility for subsidised training and concession
^You are eligible for a subsidised training place if you have left school, your primary place of residence is in Western Australia and you are:
- an Australian citizen; or
- a permanent visa holder or holder of visa subclass 309, 444, 785, 790, 820 or 826;
- a dependent or spouse of the primary holder of a visa subclass 457; or
- a Bridging Visa E holder (subclasses 050 and 051) and you have made a valid application for a visa of subclass 785 or 790.
^ Please note that access to subsidised training is subject to availability.
* The student fees are indicative only and are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Additional fees may apply such as student service and resource fees
The following people will be entitled to a concession rate on the half price course fees under Lower fees, local skills.
- Persons aged 15—24 years at the time of enrolment (excluding students enrolled at school)
- Persons and dependents of persons in receipt of services from one of the following Commonwealth support or employment services programs:
- Online Employment Services
- Persons and dependents of persons receiving the Youth Allowance, AUSTUDY or ABSTUDY
- Persons and dependents of persons holding:
- a pensioner concession card or Health Care Card; or
- a Repatriation Health Benefits Card issued by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Dependents of persons who are inmates of a custodial institution
Modes of Delivery
Self-paced Online Learning – You can start the course any time. You will be supported by a trainer/assessor and provided with a hard copy pack including your Learner’s Guide, assessments, and all relevant resources. In addition, access will be provided 24/7 to the Pivot Online Learning System (POLS) that includes all the learning material, assessment and resources needed to complete the course.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) – Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is an assessment process that assesses your non-formal and formal learning to determine how your current skills and knowledge match the competency outcomes for partial or full qualification. RPL assessment at The Pivot Institute allows you to evidence your skills and knowledge through the completion of an RPL kit.
To upgrade to the TAE40116 from the TAE40110 via RPL you must be able to evidence recent development of a number of assessment tools as well as expertise in identifying LLN requirements for an individual as well as implementing strategies to support LLN development.
Broad Learning Outcomes
– Describe the Australian Training system.
– Review the language of VET, defining key terms.
– Design and develop assessment tools that meet the rules of evidence and principles of assessment.
– Plan for assessment.
– Participate in assessment validation resulting in continuous improvement of assessment practices.
The TAE40110 upgrade to TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment requires participants to complete two new core units as well as upgrade two non-equivalent units.
|The unit TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy, and numeracy skills is a new core unit within the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. If you have TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (the old qualification) check your transcript to see if you have completed this unit. If not, you must obtain this unit to continue to work as a Trainer and Assessor if you are delivering nationally recognised training.
|If you want to upgrade to TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment from TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, you are required to complete the core unit TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools. Also, you need to complete additional assessments for two non-equivalent core units TAEASS401 and TAEASS403.||
TAEASS401 Plan assessment activities and processes
TAEASS403 Participate in assessment validation
TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
• 7-11 February 2023
|TAELLN411 Address language, literacy, and numeracy skills
– The development of three sets of assessment tools (which include a plan for assessment) that have been trialed, reviewed, and validated.
– The analysis of training specifications and the requirements of the workplace in terms of LLN.
– Identification of LLN requirements for a learner and the design and implementation of strategies to use in a training and assessment environment to support LLN development.
During the assessment process your assessor will:
– Answer any questions or concerns you may have about the assessment process or tasks
– Assess your competency as required by the unit of competency, by making judgments about the evidence presented in line with the rules of evidence: validity, authenticity, currency and sufficiency
– Give you feedback on the outcomes of the assessment process
– Provide your results, either competent or not yet competent
– Advise you on the outcomes of the assessment including the appeals process you can follow if you disagree with the assessment decision.
– call your trainer at 1300 354 309
– email your trainer or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
– join facebook page and ask questions to your trainer or peers https://www.facebook.com/groups/pivottae40116
Get a USI (Unique Student Identifier)
A USI is your lifelong education number – you only need to create it once. If you have undertaken any VET training since 2015, you may already have a USI. You can find it here.
If you don’t have USI, you can Apply for USI
Share your valuable skills and knowledge and train others!
Contact us today for enrolment!