Terms & Conditions
- Fees and Charges
Fee for Service
- Courses under $1500; full payment is required before training commences.
- Courses over $1500; a deposit of $1500 is required to confirm the enrolment. A maximum of $1500 may be paid by the client before the commencement of the course. Remaining course fees schedule will be detailed on the invoice to meet the Protection of Fees Paid in Advance Policy.
- Fees and charges for students undertaking publicly funded vocational education and training (VET) in Western Australia must be collected in accordance with the provisions of the Vocational Education and Training Act 1996, Vocational Education and Training (Colleges) Regulations 1996 and/or, where appropriate, as specified in contractual arrangements with training providers.
- The student tuition fees are indicative only and are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Additional fees may apply such as student service and resource fees. All units commenced will incur indicative fees within the guidelines set by the VET Fees and Charges Policy.
- Students are required to pay a $250 deposit before training commences. The remainder of the course fees are required to be paid in full within 8 weeks of commencement.
Additional charges may apply such as:
- Re-marking of an assessment
- Replacement of award/qualification/statement of attainment
- Additional tutorial support
- Debt collection fees
• If enrolment requirements are not met, such as providing a valid USI, a government funded course cannot be issued to the student and therefore will be required to pay the fee for service rates.
Construction Training Fund (CTF) rebates
- Students who apply for the CTF rebate on eligible courses, pay the gap fee and are found to not be eligible, the student is required to pay the remainder of the fee.
- Training courses consist of either a full qualification or some individual Units of Competency. Assessment is the evaluation of your competency against the standards and criteria of each Unit of Competency.
- You will receive details of each Unit of Competency upon commencement of training, as part of the course reference material, and this will outline the criteria on which you will be assessed.
- Mine Training Australia ensures that assessments are valid, reliable, flexible, fair and meet the requirements of currency, sufficiency and authenticity. Assessments at Mine Training Australia are only conducted by qualified Assessors who meet the stated trainer & assessor credential requirements.
- Upon completion of your training, you will be required to submit evidence to support your competence.
Some of the evidence you may be asked for could include of one or more of the following:
- Answering written or verbal questions
- Partaking in practical demonstrations in your workplace or a simulated workplace
- Participation in activities, group discussions and role plays
- Projects and portfolios of work
- Third party reports from your supervisor or relevant colleagues or clients
Your evidence will then be assessed to determine whether you are Competent or Not Yet Competent.
- Complaints and Appeals
View our complaints and appeals policy here. (PSCAP01 Complaints & Appeals Policy 2022)
- If a client cancels a course that starts less than 3 business days in advance, the client will not be eligible for a refund.
- If a student withdraws from a fee for service course and the RPL kit or materials have been issued, the fees are non-refundable.
- If a client breaches Mine Training Australia’s code of conduct, they may be removed from the course and no refund will be given. The code of conduct can be viewed in the client handbook.
- In exceptional circumstances a partial refund may be considered at the RTO’s discretion. This must be a written request emailed to Elisa@pivot.edu.au
- Mine Training Australia reserves the right to cancel or defer a course as short notice.
- It is the client’s responsibility to arrive on time. If a client fails to attend or arrives late, the full course cost applies.
- Cancellations must be submitted via email to: email@example.com during business hours.
For more information, view our Refund policy here. (PSRP01 Refund Policy 2022)
- Access and Equity
View our access and equity policy here. (PSAEP01 Access and Equity Policy 2022)
- Client Handbook
For more information, please view our Client Handbook.