RII50120 - Diploma of Surface Operations Management
This qualification provides you the skills and knowledge to work in management roles within the resources sector, such as quarry or open cut coal or metalliferous mine. It requires the application of significant judgement in planning and determining the selection of equipment, roles and techniques for yourself and others. It covers a broad range of skills such as Compliance, Risk and Safety in the workplace, pit planning and managing teams.
Above 18 years old. Must be currently working at mine site and have minimum 6 months supervisory experience in surface mining operations . Learners should have sufficient language, literacy, and numeracy skills to participate in training.
Number of Participants
Minimum 8 participants.
The duration of RII50120 Diploma of Surface Operations Management is 12-18 months.
Total number of units = 13
3 core units plus
10 elective units
|Compliance, Risk and Safety||BSBWHS521||Ensure a Safe Workplace for a Work Area|
|RIIGOV501E||Identify, Implement, and Maintain Legal Compliance Requirements|
|RIIRIS501E||Implement and Maintain Management Systems to Control Risk|
|Pit Planning||RIISRM501||Implement Stockpile Management Plans|
|RIIMPO502D||Manage the Interaction of Heavy and Light Vehicles and Mining Equipment|
|RIIMEX501D||Implement Pit Plans|
|Health, Safety and Environment||RIIRIS402E||Carry Out the Risk Management Process|
|RIIWHS301E||Conduct Safety and Health Investigations|
|RIIENV501E||Implement and Maintain Environmental Management Plans|
|Mining Management||BSBPEF501||Manage Personal and Professional Development|
|BSBSTR502||Facilitate Continuous Improvement|
|BSBTWK502||Manage Team Effectiveness|
|BSBWHS411||Implement and Monitor WHS Policies, Procedures and Programs|
RPL (Recognition of prior learning) for set 1-4
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is an assessment process that assesses candidates non-formal and formal learning to determine how their current skills and knowledge match the competency outcomes for a unit.
- Students completing part or all of this qualification through Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) will be required to:
o Complete a RPL document where they provide documents evidencing their formal and non-formal skills and knowledge,
o Undergo two site visits by our Mining Specialist and
o Have their supervisor verify their abilities.
Training and Assessment for Set 4 (Mining Management)
- Candidates who do not have much experience or evidence of the skills and knowledge covered in a unit will complete the units through a Training and Assessment pathway which will involve working through the course content and submitting assessments.
- Students can complete the unit by attending our facilitated workshops, either in person or virtually, or working through the content online at their own pace. Our first in class Hybrid delivery technology allows both our virtual and face to face students to attend the same facilitated workshops.
- Face to Face Attendance: Training will be held 9am – 4pm at our RiverView training room on Level 4, 231 Adelaide terrace, Perth.
- Virtual Attendance: Attend this training from any location by clicking a link.
- Online, Self-paced
Your assessment will be comprised of a number of tasks which will include some of the following.
- Practical Demonstration
Nationally Recognised Qualification
If you would like a proposal on how this training may benefit staff of your company, please contact us today.