BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership & Management is a Nationally Accredited Course which provides graduates with the skills and knowledge required to perform effectively as a manager, team leader or supervisor managing a workplace.
Graduates of this course will have gained knowledge and awareness of management practices, an understanding of the dynamics and principles underlying effective functioning of work groups, as well as the necessary skills to competently function within small and/or large organisations.
- Working in, or aspiring to work in a supervisory role.
- Solid language, literacy and numeracy skills.
- Computer literacy.
Broad Learning Outcomes:
This Qualification has the following broad learning outcomes:
- Develop personal work goals, set and meet own work priorities and develop and maintain professional competence.
- Prepare for, conduct and follow up meetings.
- Allocate work for employees, assess performance and provide feedback.
- Establish a Team Performance Plan, develop team cohesion and facilitate teamwork.
- Plan to increase service excellence within your organisation.
- Lead and manage continuous improvement in the workplace.
- Develop project management documentation and run a project.
- Develop an operational plan, including resource acquisition and monitor and review operational performance.
- Plan and undertake the recruitment, selection and induction of staff.
- Develop and use emotional intelligence and promote the development of emotional intelligence in others.
- Lead and manage effective workplace relationships.
- Manage risks in a range of contexts across an organisation or for a specific business unit area in any industry setting.
There are 12 units in the BSB51918 Diploma of Leadership and Management
11 core, plus 1 elective, These are listed below:
Block 1: Managing Yourself and Others
Block 1 Dates:
Block 2: Continuous Improvement, Teams and Customer Service
Block 2 Dates:
Block 3: Project Management, Recruitment and Operational Planning
Block 3 Dates:
Block 4: Managing Risk, Workplace Relationship and Demonstrating Emotional Intelligence
Block 4 Dates:
Modes of Delivery:
- Facilitated Virtual Delivery - Here at The Pivot Institute, we are leaders in the field with our own Pivot Online Learning System (POLS). Virtual face-to-face participants will be set up on our leading online learning platform; the Pivot Online Learning System (POLS). This platform provides students with the content, resources and assessment documentation necessary to complete the course. Participants will attend virtual classrooms with industry leading facilitators. Participants can start the course anytime and will be required to book in and attend sessions via Zoom. Printed workbooks, assessment documentation and all resources are provided and posted to students.
- Supported Distance Learning - you will be provided with a hard copy pack including your Learner's Guide, assessment materials and all relevant supporting material. In addition access will be provided to the Pivot Online Learning System (POLS). This platform holds all the learning material, assessment requirements, resources, needed to complete the qualification.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) – if you are currently in training and assessing and already hold the underpinning knowledge and skills required to demonstrate competency, then RPL may be an option. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is an assessment process that assesses your non-formal and formal learning to determine how your current skills and knowledge match the competency outcomes for partial or full completion of a Qualification. RPL must be based on evidence which can be matched against relevant units. This evidence will depend upon the unit and some evidence will go across a number of units. Your Assessor must be satisfied that you have addressed all the requirements of the relevant unit before they can mark you as competent in that unit. RPL assessment at The Pivot Institute allows you to evidence your skills and knowledge through the completion of an RPL kit.
If you are uncertain of the best pathway for yourself or your team, The Pivot Institute will gladly help to identify the most suitable pathway that best suits your requirements. Often it can be a combination of methods. Call us today to discuss your best pathway.
For each cluster of units, you will be provided with a Candidate Assignment Booklet. In each booklet there are a series of tasks relevant to each cluster. We work to ensure that the tasks are clear and that you have the right support and resources to undertake your assessment. This qualification requires that a number of activities are undertaken to prove competency so please consider these requirements prior to committing to the program. Your assessment will be comprised of a number of tasks which will include some of the following; the development of a learning program, delivery of training sessions, planning for the assessment process, development of assessment instruments and the completion of written questioning and other practical tasks.
You will need to complete all tasks in order to be assessed for competency. During the assessment process your assessor will:
- Answer any questions or concerns you may have about the assessment process or tasks
- Assess your competency as required by the unit of competency, by making judgments about the evidence presented in line with the rules of evidence: validity, authenticity, currency and sufficiency
- Give you feedback on the outcomes of the assessment process
- Provide your results, either competent or not yet competent
- advise you on the outcomes of the assessment including the appeals process you can follow if you disagree with the assessment decision.
Volume of Work:
The average time it takes to complete varies significantly depending on the skills and knowledge you already hold relevant to training and assessment. If, for example, you are attending the facilitated classes and completed the relevant activities you would still need to allow the following suggested time* to complete the Qualification.
The listed volume of learning for this qualification is between 6-24 months. For an accurate estimate of how long we think it will take you to complete the Qualification, please contact The Pivot Institute for an obligation free discussion with a Trainer/Assessor.
These programs are run in our beautiful RiverView training room in Adelaide Terrace Perth. There are three clusters of workshops which can be attended in any order.
Ready to Take the Next Step?
Apply today...…….click below for the application form and email to email@example.com
If you would like a proposal on how this training may benefit your career, please contact us today.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us: (08) 9221 1803 OR 1300 354 309
- Make an appointment to visit: Our administration office (201 Adelaide Terrace Perth WA 6000 - access via Burt Way behind the coffee shop)
- Website: www.pivot.edu.au