TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
Here at The Pivot Institute, we are leaders in the field with our own Pivot Online Learning System (POLS). Virtual face-to-face participants will be set up on our leading online learning platform; the Pivot Online Learning System (POLS). This platform provides students with the content, resources and assessment documentation necessary to complete the course. Participants will attend virtual classrooms with industry leading facilitators. Participants can start the course anytime and will be required to book in and attend sessions via Zoom. Printed workbooks, assessment documentation and all resources are provided and posted to students.
You can start the course any time. You will be provided with a hard copy pack including your Learner’s Guide, assessment materials and all relevant supporting material. In addition access will be provided to the Pivot Online Learning System (POLS). This platform holds all the learning material, assessment requirements, resources, needed to complete the qualification.
if you are currently training and assessing and you already hold the underpinning knowledge and skills required to demonstrate competency, then RPL may be an option. Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is an assessment process that assesses your non-formal and formal learning to determine how your current skills and knowledge match the competency outcomes for partial or full qualification. RPL must be based on evidence which can be matched against relevant units. This evidence will depend on the unit and some evidence will go across a number of units. Your assessor must be satisfied that you have addressed all the requirements of the relevant unit before they can grant you RPL in that unit. RPL assessment at The Pivot Institute allows you to evidence your skills and knowledge through the completion of an RPL kit.
Non Funded Price: $3,500*
Funded Price: $597.90 ($477.90 plus resource fees $120)*^
Eligibility criteria apply for funded price
Apply today for TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment full qualification, skill set, or any individual units from the TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. Please fill in all relevant sections and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be able to type into the form. If you have any queries, please call (08) 9221 1803. When you have finished the application, please email email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you onboard for a valuable learning journey.
Get ahead of the flock to become a qualified trainer!
The TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is the industry standard qualification for those who deliver and assess training. This qualification will provide participants with the skills, knowledge and passion to deliver interesting and informative training sessions to groups and individuals, navigate the Australian training system and undertake competency-based assessments against any benchmark or standard.
The Certificate IV in Training and Assessment reflects the role of individuals who are engaged in delivering training and assessment services in the Vocational Education and Training (VET) or other sectors. This qualification (or the skills sets derived from units of competency within it) is also suitable for those engaged in the delivery of training and assessment of competence in a workplace context, as a component of a structured VET program. Students may have existing qualifications and technical skills in any given vocation or profession, yet require skills or recognition in training and assessment .
To enrol in this qualification, participants must be able to demonstrate vocational competency in their proposed teaching and assessing area. Vocational competency is defined as; ‘broad industry knowledge and experience and may include, but is not limited to, holding a relevant unit of competency or qualification’.
It is beneficial for participants to have access to a workplace or realistic simulated environment to complete the assessment. Strong literacy and numeracy skills are required. Participants must also have access to a computer with a reliable and stable internet connection for online/virtual classroom delivery.
Funded price: $597.90 ($477.90 plus resource fees $120) *^
Funded Concession price = $261.60 ($141.60 plus resource fees $120) *^
Non- funded price: $3,500 *
Payment Plan options available
Eligibility for subsidised training and concession
^You are eligible for a subsidised training place if you have left school, your primary place of residence is in Western Australia and you are:
- an Australian citizen; or
- a permanent visa holder or holder of visa subclass 309, 444, 785, 790, 820 or 826;
- a dependent or spouse of the primary holder of a visa subclass 457; or
- a Bridging Visa E holder (subclasses 050 and 051) and you have made a valid application for a visa of subclass 785 or 790.
^ Please note that access to subsidised training is subject to availability.
* The student fees are indicative only and are subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Additional fees may apply such as student service and resource fees
The following people will be entitled to a concession rate on the half price course fees under Lower fees, local skills.
- Persons aged 15—24 years at the time of enrolment (excluding students enrolled at school)
- Persons and dependents of persons in receipt of services from one of the following Commonwealth support or employment services programs:
- Online Employment Services
- Persons and dependents of persons receiving the Youth Allowance, AUSTUDY or ABSTUDY
- Persons and dependents of persons holding:
- a pensioner concession card or Health Care Card; or
- a Repatriation Health Benefits Card issued by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Dependents of persons who are inmates of a custodial institution
The duration of TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment is 12-18 months.
The average time it takes to complete varies significantly depending on the skills and knowledge you already hold relevant to training and assessment. If, for example, you are attending the facilitated classes and you have completed the relevant activities, you will still need to allow the following suggested time to complete the qualification.
4 hours a week – 18 months
6 hours a week – 12 months
Experience in the VET sector in training and assessment can greatly lower the amount of time required to successfully complete the qualification.
Modes of Delivery
Facilitated Virtual Delivery– You can start the course any time. You will be required to attend sessions on Zoom using Pivot Online Learning System (POLS). You will also be provided access to Pivot Online Learning System (POLS) that includes all the learning material, assessment, and resources to complete the course.
Supported Distance Learning – You can start the course any time. You will be supported by a trainer/assessor and provided with a hard copy pack including your Learner’s Guide, assessments, and all relevant resources. In addition, access will be provided 24/7 to the Pivot Online Learning System (POLS) that includes all the learning material, assessment and resources needed to complete the course.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) – Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is an assessment process that assesses your non-formal and formal learning to determine how your current skills and knowledge match the competency outcomes for partial or full qualification. RPL assessment at The Pivot Institute allows you to evidence your skills and knowledge through the completion of an RPL kit.
Broad Learning Outcomes
This Qualification has the following broad learning outcomes:
– Describe the Australian Training System and identify the major players in the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector.
– Learn the language of VET, defining key terms.
– Unpack training packages and accredited courses to identify suitable training opportunities that meet client needs.
– Design and develop learning programs that provide a clear pathway to knowledge and skill development.
– Use the Australian Core Skills Framework to identify the core LLN skills that an individual holds as well as those required for training specifications and the workplace.
– Design and develop individual and group session plans which incorporate adult learning theory.
– Incorporate LLN support into individual and group session plans.
– Prepare for the delivery of quality sessions.
– Deliver interesting, interactive, and targeted training to suit the target group and the training specifications.
– Design and develop assessment tools which meet the rules of evidence and principles of assessment.
– Plan for assessment.
– Assess competency against the relevant units of competency.
– Participate in assessment validation resulting in continuous improvement of assessment practices.
There are nine core units and one elective unit in this Qualification. This Qualification is presented as a series of clusters for both facilitated virtual delivery and supported distance learning students. You can start the course any time.
The Learning Design Cluster provides the skills and knowledge required to identify the content of a learning program, how to design a program for a target audience and how to review it.
This cluster also covers the skills and knowledge of how to use training packages to support industry, organisational and individual competency development needs.
The Train the Trainer Cluster provides the skills and knowledge to effectively deliver training to groups and individuals in the workplace.
This includes the development of training materials and resources and ensures competence in planning, organising and delivering informative and practical training sessions.
The Workplace Assessor Cluster focuses on developing assessment plans, organising the assessment process, and conducting the assessment.
This includes the development of robust assessment tools and the participation in assessment validation sessions.
This course calendar is only for students participating in facilitated virtual delivery. Following dates have been scheduled for virtual units delivery via zoom from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm. There are three clusters of workshops which can be attended in any order. You can start the course anytime.
Cluster 1: Learning Design Dates:
- 11-15 January 2021
- 12-16 April 2021
- 12-16 July 2021
- 11-15 October 2021
Cluster 2: Train the Trainer Dates:
- 8-12 February 2021
- 10-14 May 2021
- 16-20 August 2021
- 15-19 November 2021
Cluster 3: Workplace Assessor Dates:
- 15-19 March 2021
- 14-18 June 2021
- 13-17 September 2021
- 6-10 December 2021
Candidate Assignment Booklet
For each cluster of units, you will be provided with a Candidate Assignment Booklet. In each booklet there are series of tasks relevant to each cluster. We work to ensure that the tasks are clear and you have the right support and resources to undertake your assessment. This qualification requires that a number of activities are undertaken to prove competency so please consider these requirements prior to committing to the program. You will need to complete all tasks in order to be assessed for competency. Your assessments will comprise of a number of tasks which will include some of the following:
– Development of a learning program
– Delivery of training sessions
– Planning for the assessment process
– Development of assessment instruments
– Completion of written questioning and
– Practical tasks
During the assessment process your assessor will:
– Answer any questions or concerns you may have about the assessment process or tasks
– Assess your competency as required by the unit of competency, by making judgments about the evidence presented in line with the rules of evidence: validity, authenticity, currency and sufficiency
– Give you feedback on the outcomes of the assessment process
– Provide your results, either competent or not yet competent
– Advise you on the outcomes of the assessment including the appeals process you can follow if you disagree with the assessment decision.
Simply fill the enrolment form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org
Get a USI (Unique Student Identifier)
A USI is your lifelong education number – you only need to create it once. If you have undertaken any VET training since 2015, you may already have a USI. You can find it here.
If you don’t have USI, you can Apply for USI
Share your valuable skills and knowledge and train others!
Contact us today for enrolment!